Thursday 13 May 2010

Wooly washing

Well I said that I spin & knit, so here's a couple of pictures.

First of all the socks that I'm knitting in Regia bamboo mix








And this is just a very small bit of one of the Texel fleeces that I've just bought

and a few of the locks.








I've got so much of this I think I might just get a bit fed up with spinning it!

My intention was to have enough to spin a jumper's worth, so when Jan said that they were lamb fleeces I though I'd need a couple of them. What I didn't know was that they were yearlings & were ginormous as they are raised for meat of course, unlike a lot of the rare breeds that are raised for their grazing & fleece. I did intend to get a few other fleeces, but think I'd better get some of this used up first & finish the black Hebridean & also some of the Shetland fleece that I got last year for free. The Shetland is spinning up nicely for lace weight on my old Haldane spinning wheel







I'm spinning the Hebridean on my Lendrum wheel, that's coming out around double knitting weight. Will have to see how much I can get out of this as I'm combing to get a smoother yarn & so I'm wasting quite a lot. Even if I get enough for a waistcoat that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment